To Our Valued Patients,
Our priority at Bloom Family Dental is to provide an experience that promotes the health of our patients and employees. As a professional health care provider, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. According to the most recent information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the immediate risk of virus, for most of our patients, is thought to be low.
We are staying informed of the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and taking every precaution we can to ensure the highest level of infection control. We want you to feel confident while visiting our practice and are working tirelessly to provide the safest dental experience possible.
Our additional safety precautions includes:
- Cleaning all door knobs, light switches and surfaces in all common areas frequently throughout the day
- Providing hand sanitizer at check-in and check-out
- Posting CDC hand washing instructions in all bathrooms and employee areas
- Installing air purification systems
- Increasing the use of high volume evacuation to minimize aerosols during treatment
- Allowing only one patient to enter the office at a time to keep Social Distancing practices
- Allowing only one patient in treatment area at a time (one parent may accompany a child, or a caregiver for patients that need additional assistance)
- Increasing the level of PPE for our team for your safety and ours.
- Screening all team members upon arrival daily for signs and symptoms of illness
- Utilizing a misting device with electrolyze water to disinfect the air. (This EPA approved solution is a powerful oxidant and is an all-natural disinfection approach made from kosher salt and water.)
To offer the safest environment possible, we ask for your cooperation in the following areas. Upon arrival, please call us from the parking lot to let us know you are here. We will be taking your temperature, checking your oxygen levels and asking you to wear a mask before entry into the building. At this time, we are allowing only one patient in the treatment area at a time. (one parent may accompany a child, or a caregiver for patients that need additional assistance)
With these additional safety precautions in place we will continue to see patients and schedule future appointments. We encourage any patient who is experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 to reschedule your appointment. Our team will work with you throughout this process.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely by staying in contact with the CDC, Department of Health Services, American Dental Association, Wisconsin Dental Association, and communicating with our professional colleagues and relying on other experts.
Thank you for trusting Bloom Family Dental with your oral health. As we move forward and navigate this situation, your safety and that of our team will always be our primary concern.